Considering the current health emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic, updated guidelines have been published by the UK Public Health Agencies.
Another useful guidance has been released by the Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF).
They aim to advice the healthcare workers and patients with both Sickle Cell Disease and Thalassaemia, that are likely to be at increased risk of complications from COVID-19, to face the virus.
Here following you can find the guidelines:
- COVID-19 – Guidance for infection prevention and control in healthcare settings
- Haemoglobinopathy HCCs response to Covid-19
- THE COVID–19 PANDEMIC AND HAEMOGLOBIN DISORDERS – A contribution of Thalassaemia International Federation to its global patients’ community
- COVID -19 – For the Hematologist and those who care for SCD patients
- Sickle Cell Disease and COVID-19: An Outline to Decrease Burden and Minimize Morbidity (Adapted for Sub-Saharan Africa)
You can also discover more on COVID-19 by reading the article published by the Medical and Research Advisory Committee (MARAC) at SCD Association of America, that provides the sickle cell community with useful information.