EDUCATION & TRAINING
World Sickle Cell Day 2020 -Celebration Open Webinar
In occasion of the World Sickle Cell Day, also the ARISE consortium gave its contribution by organising in collaboration with the Kaduna team the World Sickle Cell Day celebration open webinar, that aimed to create awareness of the disease to different stakeholders, addressing the reduction of the burden of Sickle Cell Disease, the relevant role of the Newborn Screening as well as the comparison between Sickle Cell Disease and COVID-19. For the webinar CPD points were awarded.
The webinar material is at your disposal here below.
- D. Livingstone – Newborn screening (nbs) for sickle cell disease in Kaduna: the journey so far
- I. IIjei – SCD and COVID19: symptoms overlap
- A. Hafsat – SCD caregiver/parent education
- Content stored online, has keywords or clustered in webpages to allow search for topics and for audiences
- PDF text https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/materials/factsheets.html https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/healthyliving.html https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/traits.html
- Pictures and infographics
- Videos? Podcasts?
- PowerPoint presentations
- Clinical guidelines and Model programs for specific clinical scenarios – these can be presented in different ways but I really like the HIV/AIDS Bureau examples.
- Clinician training video https://sickleemergency.duke.edu/educational-resources/videos
- Download modules of materials