EDUCATION & TRAINING
Webinar – Paediatric to adult transition care for patients with Sickle Cell Disease: a global perspective
Sickle Cell Disease is a life-threatening inherited condition designated as a public health priority by WHO. Increased longevity of patients with Sickle Cell Disease in high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries present unprecedented challenges for all settings; however, a globally standardised solution for patient transition from paediatric to adult Sickle Cell Disease health care is unlikely to address the challenges.
A dedicated webinar was organised within ARISE on the 24th June 2020. A multi-country expert task force provided a global overview of transition from paediatric to adult health care practice in Sickle Cell Disease, highlighting barriers to effective transition care and provide baseline recommendations that can be adapted to local needs. For the webinar CPD points were awarded.
You can read the full article here.
The webinar material is available here below:
- Content stored online, has keywords or clustered in webpages to allow search for topics and for audiences
- PDF text https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/materials/factsheets.html https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/healthyliving.html https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/traits.html
- Pictures and infographics
- Videos? Podcasts?
- PowerPoint presentations
- Clinical guidelines and Model programs for specific clinical scenarios – these can be presented in different ways but I really like the HIV/AIDS Bureau examples.
- Clinician training video https://sickleemergency.duke.edu/educational-resources/videos
- Download modules of materials