EDUCATION & TRAINING
Webinar – Newborn Sickle Cell Disease Screening
This ARISE webinar continues the SCD webinar series. It focused on newborn screening, touching on all aspects, from a blueprint for developing a service to comprehensive care of affected babies. It was especially informative for developing a new service in LMIC’s. For the webinar CPD points were awarded.
You can consult the webinar material here below:
- J. Ojodu – Introduction to Public Health Newborn Screening
- V. Odesina – Newborn Sickle Cell disease programm: pre analytical phase
- W. Atoyebi – Analytical: Principles of laboratory screening
- J. Ubaike – Post Analytical: Principles of good laboratory practice
- B. Inusa – Post Analytical: Comprehensive care for babies with SCD
You can consult or download the video recording of the webinar here.
- Content stored online, has keywords or clustered in webpages to allow search for topics and for audiences
- PDF text https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/materials/factsheets.html https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/healthyliving.html https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/traits.html
- Pictures and infographics
- Videos? Podcasts?
- PowerPoint presentations
- Clinical guidelines and Model programs for specific clinical scenarios – these can be presented in different ways but I really like the HIV/AIDS Bureau examples.
- Clinician training video https://sickleemergency.duke.edu/educational-resources/videos
- Download modules of materials